Google is a bit more than a big deal. The top search engine in the world gets over 3.5 billion searches each day. Businesses spend millions a year to have a strong presence as it also boasts the most traffic and highest conversion rates of almost any other form of marketing out there. There are literally dozens of sites you can be on that will improve your Google presence, helping you to be found by potential clients.
However, there is still a large percentage of contractors who do not see the value in being on Google. With years of getting business from word of mouth or other forms of marketing, paying to be on search engines just doesn’t seem to make sense. It’s an understandable conclusion, if it’s not broke, don’t fix it. However, for newer companies or companies looking to increase business, the only way to go is to put yourself out there where people can find you. You have to understand the real value this search engine offers your business including:
- Interested customers: Odds are, when someone needs a product or service online, especially involving construction, they are going to turn to Google for information. They will not only find a list of contractors, but ratings on them as well, helping them to make the decision much faster and get a better deal.
- Branding: For a construction company, there’s no better site to build up their reputation as it allows you to be introduced to thousands of potential clients who are not only looking for your services, but also looking for information on the industry.
- Protecting your reputation: Another great thing about this search engine is that you are able to control what people are reading about your business. By broadcasting regular content (images, videos, blogs), and asking your customers to write reviews, you are ensuring that people are finding good things about your company.
- Expanding your reach: If you are adding a new service or entering a new area of the industry or geographically, you can raise fast awareness by marketing on search engines. The reason is because people are more than likely looking for the services you offer or a company like yours in their location, not your company specifically. Think of someone looking for “crane rental in Virginia.” This is the ideal platform to be on to be found by that audience.
- Finding new subcontractors: Another way you can utilize this site is if you need to find a new vendor or subcontractor. This provides you with a fast way of finding someone and you can also learn everything you need by reading about them online.
The three best ways to market your construction business on Google is to utilize SEO, PPC and business listings. This helps you get to the top page and be seen by thousands of interested viewers, increasing your chances of getting new projects.